In this podcast, Max talks to William Li, a world renowned physician, research scientist, TED talk speaker, and best selling author of Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself.
With so much misinformation on the internet about what is the right diet, how to eat, and what you should be eating to stay healthy. It was such a pleasure to hear a clear concise description of foods which will help to beat disease.
Naturally most of these foods crossover into Max’s own Genius Foods book. Which is another clear and concise resource explaining why we should eat certain foods and what they do to the body.
Here is the list of foods Dr. William Li advised will help heal you. Naturally, as with everything in life, each one is to be eaten in moderation. As an example, do not go on a nut only diet. The idea is to have a wide range of foods which work in harmony with your body to help you be stronger and fight disease.
The list of dementia fighting foods are:
- Dark chocolate
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green tea
- Green vegetables
- Salmon, haddock, sea bass, hake
Tuck into this podcast to learn more details about why these foods are good for you. You will also learn:
- How leveraging angiogenesis (the growth of new capillary blood vessels in the body and the common denominator of the world’s most debilitating diseases), led to the founding of The Angiogenesis Foundation, which has had an impact on 50 million lives over 25 years.
- The progress that’s been made in the last decade to nail down the science of dietary health as a means to prevent these diseases before they need to be cured or controlled by drugs.
- Common misconceptions about what it means to “eat healthily”, and why it can feel like such an uphill battle for those of us constantly struggling to do the right thing.
- Why the scientific answer to “What is health?” goes well beyond the mere absence of disease.
- The body’s five defence systems. What we should eat and avoid to ensure these defence systems are optimally bolstered.
- And as always, so much more!